Monday, April 2, 2012

Character Sketches

So this is my first blog post and I'm just going to jump right into things.

Instead of working on some environment paintings I did two character sketches.  It's been a while since I've worked on something other than an environment so this was a refreshing for the whole hour it lasted.

Initially I was going for a sci-fi look with some aquatic inspirations on the body.  Then it turned into something else completely.  I had this crab/octopus thing on this back that transformed into some spikey looking objects.   I like how they all kind of point in the same direction rather than in every direction.  For the female I had vines wrapping around her that just turned into vertical pointy edges.  My process is very deductive.  I start out with a lot and then I simplify as much as I can.

Back to environments...

P.S.
I'll update my page's aesthetics real soon to give it a more presentable appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment